Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days!

It started snowing Sunday and we got hit with a major winter storm.  We decided to take Keira out to play.  It took us almost half an hour to get outside since Keira wanted to wear dress shoes and no socks.  We got the snow boats on her and she threw a fit and kicked them off.  So - we finally got socks on her (had to be pink) and her nike shox and we were off!

She ate some.  She also had a blast running....I was holding my breath waiting for her to bite it!!  No injuries though!  :)

When I woke up Monday morning there was even more!


I got off the hill okay Monday but it snowed EVEN more....Darin had to take me Tuesday morning to work and Keira to Granny's - she got sick Monday..fever..slight rash... this picture is I-64 - it was a mess!!!  I don't think I have ever seen it this bad since I've lived here!



I left work early because an ice storm was supposed to hit.  We decided to leave Keira @ Granny's because daycare called and were already closing for Wednesday.  Darin and I went to bed @ 9pm!!  haha!  And man did it ice all night - we could hear it hitting outside and trees crashing down in the woods that sounded like gunshots!  I knew it was going to be sketchy trying to get to work.  Darin tried to get down the road one time and is was way too icy.  2nd attempt he got out of our road but there was a 5 car pileup blocking one way down and a huge tree down blocking the only other way out.  UGH!  



Ice Ice Baby!


3rd time a go!  We finally made it down the hill - in the meantime - Granny calls and said Keira's face now had the rash and looked swollen.  So instead of Darin taking me to work we headed to pick Keira up and I had already called the Doctor and got her in.  Well - after seeing the Doc - she has strep throat!  Poor thing!  She is really not acting like her throat hurts @ all but a little mopey and wanting to be held.  We picked her prescription up and headed home!  She is laying w/Daddy right now watching Meet the Robinsons!  


Daddy got her Shrek push-ups!
Her cheeks look swollen and there is a rash on them...boo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That story alone proves you live in WV. :D hope wee one gets well soon!
xo